community-oriented policing Enforcement Jobs
A commitment to community, a tradition of service.
Find your fit Serving and protecting the citizens of Clark County.
Who we are looking for.
Clark County offers challenging opportunities in law enforcement for officers of all experience levels. We are dedicated to a community-oriented policing style. As an enforcement deputy or lateral deputy at CCSO, you will patrol the county, investigate crimes, and help to provide a safe atmosphere when needed to name a few. We are seeking individuals who have strong communication skills and good conflict resolution, creative problem solving and leadership skills.
What to expect.
CCSO operates 24 hours a day. If selected for a position, deputies are required to be available to work all shifts – day, swing and grave – as assigned, including weekends and holidays. Sheriff’s Enforcement deputies are represented by the Clark County Deputy Sheriff’s Guild.2023- 2025 Deputy Sheriff’s Guild Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) Contract
How to join Our Deputy hiring process.
We are actively recruiting experienced patrol officers to join their full-service agency with an accelerated hiring process.
Complete the Public Safety Test
Clark County reviews scores and invites candidates to fill out an application.Start Testing Now
Complete the Physical Agility Test
Candidates for the position of deputy sheriff must successfully complete the Physical Ability Test (PAT). The PAT administered by PST is the same test that is required for entrance into the Basic Law Enforcement Academy.Review Test Requirements
Application Eligibility List
Your candidate written exam scores will be ranked in order of highest to lowest and the Civil Service Commission will review and certify our candidates.
Clark County Will Complete a Background Investigation
This step involves a comprehensive investigation based on information provided by candidates’ personal history statements.
Final Selection Interview
As positions become available, the top five candidates who have successfully completed all of the recruitment processes are contacted to participate in a final interview process.
Post Offer Process
The post offer process includes successful completion prior to actual employment of another physical ability test, polygraph, psychological evaluation, and full medical including drug screening.
We award Veterans’ Scoring Criteria to veterans honorably released from active military service who meet all statutory requirements.
Branch out You decide your next challenge.
After the required patrol or comparable law enforcement officer experience, our deputies have the opportunity to branch out and apply to different specialty assignments with 22 options to choose from including:
CCSO also offers a number of specialized instructor positions including: Firearms, Defensive Tactics, Patrol Tactics, Emergency Vehicle Operations, First Aid, and more.
taking care of you Salary, benefits & perks.
All of our benefits are designed to help you live a healthy lifestyle on and off the job.
Base Patrol Schedule Salary Range $ 72,733-111,132 ($33.28/hr-$50.85/hr)
*Base rate not including incentive pays also listed; based on 2185.5 annual hours
- $25,000 Lateral and $10,000 Entry Hiring Bonuses
- Currently starting Entry level at Step 3 ($36.65/hr), see the scale
- Paid salary while attending Basic Law Enforcement Academy
- Paid Days Off (PDO)- Between 224-328 hours (19-28 patrol shifts) annually.
- Assigned take home cars
- Patrol deputies work 4 days on, 4 days off
- Uniforms, dry cleaning and required equipment provided-Including modern firearms (Glock Gen 5 MOS w/ RDS) and exterior protective vests.
- Paid military leave and G.I. Bill participation
- Washington State Law Enforcement and Fire Fighter (LEOFF) Retirement Plan
- Excellent Medical, dental, vision health care plans - Click here to see plans
- Deferred compensation plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- FTO Premium Pay-5%
- Education Pay- Associates 2%, Bachelors 4%, and Masters 6%
- Specialty Assignment Pay - 5% for Air Support, Administrative (Accreditation), Backgrounds, Campus, Case Management, Childrens’ Justice Center, Crisis Negotiator//Hostage Negotiator, Drones (UAS), Drug Taskforce, Explosive Devices, Internal Affairs, K-9, Major Crimes, Marine, Outreach, PIO, Public Works (CVE), Recruiting Sergeant, Sex Offender Registration, School Resource Officer, Tactical Detective, TEMS, Traffic, Training, SWAT *Education Pay and Specialty pay are combinable; Only one specialty pay allowed
- Comp time and Kelly hours
- Seven paid holidays annually